Style Diary # 8
Hello, my lovely people, on August 5th, which was last week it was my Birthday, and let’s just say 28 feels so good. I thought that I would feel nostalgic about it (being that I’m getting close to the BIG 3-0), but for the first time in my short 28 years life, I feel so great about myself. Birthdays are a great reminder, to look back on your life and reflect on the journey that you have taken so far in your life. This year in particular, 28, feels so good because I have this newly grown confidence, that was always there but at times felt like I had to compare myself to others. I have grown to love myself, and love all my all my unique qualities, because that is what makes me, me. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. With that said, I am sharing today 28 things about me, so you can get to know me a little better. Enjoy.
- I was born in Miami, FL and my parents are from Puerto Rico. And if anybody asks, I consider myself a Boricua at heart.
- Aside from blogging, I am a full time teacher with a passion to inspire, motivate, and knowing that the future of the world is in my classroom and I get to make a small difference in their lives.
- My best friend, is my mother, she is my all time inspiration and has lead me to be the woman that I am today.
- I have basically seen every episode of I Love Lucy, about a thousand times.
- I am shy by nature, but very loving and friendly once I open up.
- My go to lipstick, currently, is Kat von D, Lolita. Super obsessed with this shade.
- My cutest possession is my dog Oreo. (On that note, my favorite cookies are Oreo’s.)
- I have to admit, I can’t live without my iPhone. #addictionproblems lol
- My favorite movie of all time is Grease which I have seen about a million times.
- I have a Masters degree from F.I.U.
- One of my guilty pleasures is chocolate covered strawberries. So delicious.
- My all time favorite book series is Harry Potter.
- Obsessed with Game of Thrones, and I can’t wait for next season.
- Jennifer Lopez is my idol; I would love to meet her one-day.
- My mom doubles as my photographer, she is the one who takes all my awesome photos.
- The Maldives is my dream, exotic escape that I would love to travel to one day.
- I love getting glammed up, but I am a homebody at heart.
- My favorite quote is, Love fearlessly.
- Purple roses are my favorite.
- A manicure and pedicure are a must. If my nails aren’t right, I’m not right.
- I am afraid of heights, like extremely afraid. So, I don’t know why I decided zip lining was a good idea, through the mountains of Tennessee. While doing this, my jeans got caught on the line, and I was stuck mid-air while trying to not look down, till someone came to get me and cut my jeans from the zip line. Talk about the scariest moment of life. Lol
- My favorite animals are penguins and monkeys.
- I kind of have an obsession with purses and lipsticks.
- I am a super organized person. I dislike things to be disorderly.
- I am a hopeless romantic at heart.
- I am always cold, a little gust of wind can happen and I am already freezing.
- My family is my everything and they are my motivation and my number 1 supporters in everything that I do.
- I love this whole new blogging and social media world that I have entered in the last few months. I love to post, interact, and receive positive feedback from people around the world. It truly has been a humbling experience to embark in this cyber world, of blogging.